Sunday, April 27, 2008

The star popular readers choice awards 2008

I think we can actually conclude the thinking/ideology of middle class reading malaysians just by looking at the recent The Star-Popular readers choice awards 2008

1. Honk! If you are malaysian by lydia the

2. I am muslim by dina zaman

3. The reluctant politician: tun dr ismail by prof ooi kee beng

4. In good faith by YB datuk zaid ibrahim

5. As I was passing by adibah amin

If barisan nasional embraces and understands the issues brought up in these books, they will certainly have a better idea of what is wrong with themselves.

For umno, maybe they can argue that most malays in the malay heartland probably come under the kosmo/harian metro category, but I would still argue that for umno selangor and wilayah at least, all the above books should be a must read for all future leaders.

I for one, would make it compulsory for umno members in my bahagian to read the memoirs of tun dr ismail, "the reluctant politician".

The book will give you insight about what umno politics should have been about and will remind us, umno members what we have forgotten over the years.
Sent via BlackBerry from Maxis

No comments: