Saturday, May 03, 2008

Boris johnson wins mayorship of london

Boris wins london mayoral election

One of the many dissapointing news that I am facing this weekend :(

My condolonces to sister ruqayyah NUS and the NOLS (national org of labour student) and also fosis people who s worked hard to reinstate ken livingstone, albeit a failed campaign.

I am so detached from british politics these days.its so dissapointing that I am no longer in constant learning mode from british politics. And let's not get started on malaysian politics.or the ever patronising malay politics.

I think just by reading the statements made by these british politicians, one (read msian politicians) has a lot to learn from them.especially the magnamity of one self both in the celebration of victory and in the face of defeat.

Read the tribute by boris to ken.this is truly british politics at its best surely.

P.s when did nick clegg became lib dem leader??? Sir ming was deposed? I miss london lah :(

http://news.bbc.co.uk/mobile/bbc_news/uk/738/73809/story7380947.shtml



Sent via BlackBerry from Maxis

No comments: