Friday, May 23, 2008

The problem with our fellow islamist

it is really frustrating for me to read issues like this played out in the gallery

I consider myself very much an islamist, one which is very proud at it, although I doubt most of us brothers and sisters in the so called islamist world agree on the same thing

Usually I'd say that we the islamist are in aim of a more islamic world, well whatever that is..

Anyways, I did read the statement made earlier by a particular ikhwani sister, ms munirah bahari

Well on a personal level I do believe she s a very friendly sister

But as I read her statement on behalf of a particular ikhwani msian group, I thot to myself, please I hope no one reads it as well

The statement was something along the lines that the school uniform for girls in white are too transparent and sexy

I will not dwell into the criticism that are in the news today, in response to the statement above

But I wud like to urge fellow islamist in malaysia to really look around you, and listen to what people are saying

More often than not I find many fellow islamist, lost in their own world, not realising the changing malaysian public, which is supposedly their forte in carrying out whatever islamic modus operandi that they believe ( as there are many groups amongst us islamist)

Many islamist make this kind of sweeping statements because we are also unable to realise that in the art of da'wah there is also the need for diplomacy and understanding the sensitivity of the public

2 weeks ago, I was stunned when I read another fellow islamist group saying that we are a 'malay muslim group'. I was so furious that I confronted the president himself (in a good way) to ask him since when we islamist become malay first before muslim??

What if ure a chinese muslims? Does that make u second class muslims in malaysia??

I am absolutely gutted by the work the islamist are turning into now in malaysia

Sometimes I don't know whether they are talking as a right wing malay, or just an ignorant islamist

Islam certainly doesn't condone racism, whatever form it is

Going back to this uniform issue

My say to sister munirah is just this

Next time if we the islamist wants to make any statement

The fikh al awlawiyat in my opinion are the following

Shudnlt we balance between the effectiveness of such move/statement against the fitnah/shame/bad name it can bring to islam as a religion

I think this statement that u guys made, not only was it baseless, not only it has failed to convince and capture the imagination of the very group that u wish to 'dakwah' (read the public) but worse of all, I repeat worse of all it has only made more malaysians think what a stupid group of people these islamist must be, and they want to talk abt the beauty of islam?

Instead of pulling people to islam, we are just pushing them away, much further away.

We islamist must be more 'malaysian' in our local outlook and more 'global' too in dealing with islamic issues

Maybe we ought to learn from our islamist friends in the western countries.

As we fail to attract even muslims to listen to us, they are bringing new brothers and sisters in every day.


Sent via BlackBerry from Maxis

2 comments:

Zacharias said...

i blogged on that yesterday also. apa la punya mangkuk. bukankah kain putih tu, bukan sekolah yang supply. tanggungjawab sendiri la mau pakai cap apa, kain tebal ke nipis ke, etc. takkan tu pun nak kena government pikirkan. jahit la sendiri, cari kain tebal sket ke ape

on the other hand, i still stick with my own opinion when i blogged about this yesterday

Anonymous said...

I agree with you. Lost in our own world.
But I must say that most Muslims in Western countries are minority group, thus it significantly creates the need for them to be sensitive of the public.
Having said that, even as the majority we should observe tolerance and respect to others in line with our religion.